Monday, November 1, 2010

I am THANKFUL for...


Today is November 1st. How did that happen? As this month's big holiday approaches, I am reflecting on the things I am thankful for. There are so many things, and when I start to feel sorry for myself, I try to keep it all in perspective. I remember a 26 year old aquantaince I know who has breast cancer (and two kids), a friend who has a terminal illness and is praying for a miracle, people with wonderful homes that are waiting to adopt...we really are lucky.
A few of the things I am so very thankful for are:

Jesus and His grace and mercy

My Family-all of you are loved! I would not be me without you

Bryan, my best friend and one of the funniest guys I know

My Home-apartment, townhouse, or home, wherever B and Lucy are, I'm home!

Health-currently, yes, my voice is gone, but that's not so bad according to Bryan!

Friends-good ones, old ones, new ones, and crazy ones (you know who you are)

My Job-what on earth would I be doing if I weren't teaching????

Reliable transportation-seriously!

The sound of a sweet little girl, humming songs in the back seat of my car

And the more minor things...

Fall in East Tennessee-it is INCREDIBLE!

Leaves crunching under my feet

Pumpkin EVERYTHING.

Sitting on the front porch-usually with one of my crazy friends :)

The automatic coffee pot

College roommates who gave me enough memories to last a lifetime

St. John

Wine

Tornado detection systems (That one is for you Emily!)

Diamonds (I'm just being honest people!)

Currently, Mucinex

Romantic Comedies and movie theater butter popcorn

Brownies

And last but CERTAINLY not LEAST...sweet Lucy, who before she existed, I only THOUGHT I knew what love was.









No comments:

Post a Comment