Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lucy Lately


I've changed the blog to a birthday design! I can't believe my "baby" is about to be a year old!!!!! We have about a month until her big day and I've been busy planning our big "little" celebration. The whole party plan has sort of grown exponentially in size as we get closer to her birthday weekend, but hey, a kid only turns one once, right? I've ordered her a birthday outfit (or maybe two :) and the party supplies are on their way. Invitations will be sent soon, and the cake lady and I are in cahoots prepping something really cute! I can't wait, but at the same time, it depresses me to think about her being a YEAR old!!!!!!!

Since my last post, we've had another Christmas celebration with Bryan's family. It was great! Lucy go more stuff to occupy her time, but really, she still loves tissue paper and bags the most. Here are some pics from that weekend:







We had been healthy for almost a month until this past weekend. I got a 24 hour stomach bug and Lucy's nose began running. We were praying it was just teeth, but as the week has progressed, so has her lovely illness. She had just slept for 7 nights straight, and Bryan and I were sure we were re-entering the land of the living. It was not to be. I haven't slept in 4 nights. Oh well. I'm home from school today waiting on the appointment with the pediatrician. I'm sure we'll have to go back again in a few days, as it always takes her respiratory infections a few days to get a good ear infection ramped up. 50 bucks-GONE! Did I mention pink eye? Yeah, she had that too.

Lucy is doing OK in her toddler class, but her new teachers are not quite as exceptional as her infant class teacher. I think we might have to have a little "discussion" with the daycare director. Touchy subject with me lately. Eating has been quite a touchy subject lately as well. It is world war three at meal time around her. I'm not exaggerating. Bryan pretty much comes home every night to both Lucy and I at our wits end. There is screaming and crying and throwing of food. Lucy gets real upset too. This whole transition to people food totally stinks. I'm ready to throw in the towel. Can't you just see her with her lunchbox in Kindergarten asking for help opening the baby food jar???

She's not walking yet, but man she's close! She will step from the couch to the table, or the table to me, buy that is about it. Her current favorite word of choice is "uh-oh." She'll say it right before she is about to fall-it is hilarious! She still loves ducks, giving hugs and kisses, and her pacifier. That thing it going to have to be ripped from her mouth one day, and it is not going to be pretty.

That is our update for now. Hope all is well with all of you out there in the world of blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment