Friday, January 8, 2010

Legal Drugs

I love legal drugs. Caffeine (namely coffee) is my current drug of choice. I always liked it. I never NEEDED it like a drug before Lucy though. Month 5 1/2 was when she finally decided to sleep all night. That lasted about a month. She started baby school after that and has been sick and not sleeping ever since. I should interject here that she is now 10 1/2 months old. Don't get me wrong, she usually gives us one or two (but no more) nights of perfect sleep each week. That is not enough to sustain normal functioning mode for me. So...we have a nice, big daddy coffee pot now that I pretty much just hook up to me like an iv each morning. Works pretty well.

The coffee gets me through most days. It seems as though our sweet Lucy has developed some separation anxiety issues. Bryan says she freaks out when he drops her off at baby school now. And...(here's the hum-dinger) she now wakes 4-5 times a night (with nothing wrong) and just wants you to stand over her crib and be there. If you leave, she screams bloody murder. This = NO FUN. Last night we decided we were going to let her cry it out. It was a snow day for me and Bryan took the day off. No better time. AT 2 a.m. when she woke, we let her scream her head off. She was pissed. There is no better way to put it. We checked on her, laid her back down, and told her goodnight after she'd yelled for 10 minutes. Then we were going to wait 15 minutes, but after 12 of more frantic and pissed screaming, she collapsed in a heap. Guess at 2 a.m. little girls can't keep it up for long! She slept until 6. Guess we'll let her cry it out until she stops this nasty little habit. I know, I know, most people do this at 4 or 5 months. We are behind a bit, but our kid is smart and happy, so we can't be screwing her up too much.

Below are some of her latest pics:




No comments:

Post a Comment