Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Gaggle of Gifts


Well, Lucy just had her first Christmas. Boy, it was the real deal for that kid. I dressed her in Christmas garb (thanks to various consignment sales around town) all week, and boy was she cute!
She even woke us up at 5:58 on Christmas morning. How do they know???? We all slept in our Christmas pjs (thanks to my mom!) and made for quite a picture on Christmas morning.

Of course, Lucy didn't really sleep well the night before-not due to major anticipation, as she is only 10 months (AHHH) old. She actually has another double ear infection and bronchitis. She's been on an antibiotic for 6 days and is now worse. I know you are all shocked that she is sick! HA HA HA HA! We'll be at the doctor first thing in the morning by the way. Yes, I'm paying 50 bucks to get in on Sunday. Why? Bryan has pneumonia, and well, maybe she does too. Fingers crossed that she just needs a different antibiotic. We'll see. The saga continues...

Now, back to Christmas...Bryan and I didn't get her a ton of presents. Many reasons for that-
1. We are SOOOOOOO poor right now
2. She is only 10 months old
3. She likes bags and boxes more than her toys most of the time
4. Did I mention how poor we are?
We got her a little phone that we can record messages to her on. She LOVES phones. She is currently obsessed with putting everything up to her ear or your ear and wait for someone to say hello. It thrills her. You can imagine her excitement when she got her very own phone. She of course wanted me to play hello with her immediately. See below for her cuteness:


We got her some phonics fridge magnets too. I know that they are for older kids, but I'm convinced my kid is pretty highly intellectual, if not Mensa material, so I sprang for them. I must confess I hope that they help me get dinner fixed too. You know, a little something to occupy her mind while mommy burns something. It will be great-I hope.


After our little family Christmas at our own house, we loaded up in our jammies and went to mom and dad's house. My grandma was in town, and it was a great time with my small, sweet family. My grandma was totally in love with everything Lu did, even the way she sneezed! It was sweet. Lucy had figured out what presents were by the time we got to mom and dad's, so she immediately checked out the tree. She was amazed and ready to dig in. It was soooooo cute to watch her grabbing at the bags!



She loved the gaggle of gifts she received. I think she was in overload most of the day. There were lots of things with bells and whistles. She was in baby heaven. Some of my favorite moments were when she reached down and kissed her new baby doll and glow worm-she is such a loving little girl!


Perhaps the best part of the day, however, was when she layed eyes on her new rocking duck...

My parents wanted her to have some type of rocking horse. I LOVED mine (Marvin) as a kid, and they knew she'd just love one too. Seeing as how she is currently OBSESSED with ducks, I did some research and found a rocking duck. It quacks. It rocks. It is so cute! Lucy TOTALLY LIT UP when she saw that thing. It was great! I mean, look how stinkin' adorable and happy she is!

After all the gifts were open, we ate and sat around fat and happy. We read some of her new books with her, let her play on her ducky some more, and Lucy discovered that she was an expert tissue paper shredder. It kept her entertained for hours. Good thing we bought her all those gifts, right?


All in all, I'd say our first Christmas was a huge success. It's not over yet...Bryan's family will be here next week to do it all again! Lucy is going to think opening gifts is now an every weekend deal. Boy is she in for some disappointment.

Last but not least, here is a cute picture of her being her crazy little self.

I have a feeling I'm in for a few parent-teacher conferences.

1 comment:

  1. I posted a comment here before but it didn't show up! Weird! She is too cute, and it looks like you guys had a great holiday :). She's into everything, huh? The fridge letters were a good call, by the way... I give them credit for many cooked dinners in 2009! Glad you guys had a good christmas, and hope you have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete