Saturday, December 5, 2009

Our Snow Globe

Lucy is 9 months old. She's crazy and we love her. She is fascinated by snow globes. This morning when we woke, it had actually snowed! We were in our own little snow globe.



As for other things happening in our snow globe...

Lucy has 4 teeth (two on the top and two on the bottom). She is an expert crawler and is pulling up and scooting on EVERYTHING. She's already had several head bumps, and one near black eye. I'm sure we're not done with that. She wants to walk, but is just not there yet. Her vocabulary is VAST. She says mama, dada, mum-mum (my mom's gma name is "Mumsy"), Sadie (the dog), book, duck, bye-bye, hi, bubble, up, uh-oh and more I am sure that I'm forgetting. She says A LOT, and she always says it pretty darn loud.

Lucy is BUSY all the time. She is a very curious and active baby. She gets into EVERYTHING and has quickly learned the word NO. In fact, I think she believes it is her middle name-at any point in the day you can hear me saying, "Lucy...NO." I think it is good to be curious. She loves ducks and books. I think they are her favorite things. She is slowly trying people food, but is very dramatic and just gags on it most of the time. It is pretty entertaining to watch. She still loves baths and squeals each night as she watches the tub fill up.

We recently had her 9 month check up. They make you do this little question sheet to see where your child is developmentally. She scored 14 months. Duh. We knew she was smart. She weighs 20 and a half pounds (73rd %) and is 30 inches tall (95th %). She will imitate most anything you do, including this funny little machine gun sounding laugh. The doctor was very impressed with her. He said (and I quote) "She is perfect." Now, I know she'll have plenty of not perfect moments in her lifetime, but for now, I'll take it!

A few days after this doctor's appointment, I picked her up at baby school and got some good news. Apparently she needs to be moved to the next step up infant class a little early. It seems she is a bit more advanced than the other babies in her class-DUH. So for the next few days she spent time in the infant 2 class with the 12-16 month old kids. When I picked her up on Wednesday, they told me to forget what they'd said about her moving to the infant 2 class. I was a bit bummed, but ok. Then, came even better news...She needed to be moved to the TODDLER class in January. WHAT?!? It seems as though she is more advanced that the majority of the kids in the NEXT step class, and so...she will be moving up with all of them in a few weeks. I'm not bragging, but...SHE'S BRILLIANT!


1 comment: