Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend



Phew! I'm tired. As I type, Lucy is at baby school. I'm trying to not feel so guilty I cry. She absolutely needs to be there. She loves it, and needs to stay in the habit of going. Plus, I got grocery shopping, laundry, and some cleaning done already today, but I can't help but feel bad that she's there and I'm here. I miss the little wild child! She is only going 2 days a week. I'm not a bad mom, right?

Why in the world have I done so much on a random Tuesday? Well, Bryan's family was here this weekend for the Memorial Day holiday and we were BUSY! We went to the zoo on Saturday which was a total blast. Lucy REALLY liked the trip this time. I think her being a little older AND not having a RAGING ear infection made this trip better too. She LOVED the baby chimp, and he gave her a high five against the glass as we stood and watched him swing and play.

She was totally thrilled, and we got a kick out of watching her react to all the animals. Do I see zoo passes in our future????





Her grandparents were amazed at all that she could do, and were quite entertained by all her antics. I am so glad they got to come and see her live and in person! She's learned to sing "BINGO" this weekend. However, her lyrics go something like this..."B-I-OOOOOO". Utter disregard for the N and G. Oh well. It is terribly cute anyway. She also started the TODDLER 2 class today. She got moved up AGAIN. She's brilliant. I just hope her day is going well. I now know what all my students' parents feel like on the first day of school. It is a weird feeling handing your child's total care over to a stranger. EEK!

Vacation is coming up soon. Lots of sand and pool and seafood. She's sleeping in the pack and play, however, she's almost too long for it. Should be interesting. Also, a 9 hour drive to get us where we are going. Not super excited about that. Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment