Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Should Have Been a Bear



It's true. I should have been a bear. I HATE cold weather. I mean it. I despise it. And for the past month, it has been so cold that I am miserable. I think bears totally got it right with the whole hibernation thing. It is just now winter, actually, yesterday it officially started, but around here, the highs have been in the twenties. Umm, we would have moved to Michigan if we liked that kind of weather. Anyway, I digress...this blog is not actually about me.

Since we've had such INSANE weather (global warming, really?) we've also had SNOW! I do love the snow covered trees and roof tops whenever we get a nice dusting. It makes everything look like a giant Christmas card-just beautiful! However, last week we had a pretty good little snowstorm (3") and a nice little ice storm too. In fact, Mr. Jimmy Mac (our superintendent) actually closed schools for THREE WHOLE DAYS (which is slightly terrifying since we only have 5 snow days and we've already used 3 in DECEMBER!).

Anyway, snow day #1 was beautiful! However, it was BITTERLY cold. I'm talking 19 degrees. So Lucy was OBSESSED with the snow. She watched it fall all day Sunday and Monday morning. We promised her she could go out in it during the afternoon. We bundled her up after she woke from her nap-she was actually the only one of us with proper attire! She absolutely loved it! She kept running around screaming, "Snow!" It was too cute. We did have her mighty bundled up (she was very reminiscent of Randy, Ralphie's brother in "A Christmas Story"). She once fell down and kept screaming for her daddy because she couldn't get up. It was a bit funny. She played and ran and I froze and froze. She face planted several times, and when her hair got wet, I decided it was time to come in. I mean, hello! It was still only 19 degrees!!!!!!




Well, when we told Lucy it was time to go in, the fit started. She went dead weight on Bryan. She threw herself down and the feet started kicking. She was TICKED. I was TICKED too. I was FREEZING by now!!!! It is crazy the things you do for your kids. Needless to say, we finally got her in, but she screamed for a good 10 minutes when we got her stripped down and inside. Apparently she got this "I LOVE COLD WEATHER" gene from someone other than her father and I.


The next two snow days we have no pictures of. It was pretty miserable. We couldn't go anywhere, and you can only play with play-dough, watch Sesame Street, and read the same books over and over so much before you want to kill someone. Lucy wanted to go to school, I wanted to just GET OUT, and poor Bryan didn't know what to think of us girls all cooped up together. The good news is...it's supposed to snow again this weekend. GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment