Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kindergarden=Bordem



Ok, I have said it before, my kid is so smart. All moms say that. I am aware. I know some is genetic, some is school related, and some is just luck (and the fact the the good Lord knows we need a kid who can earn a scholarship). But seriously, she's smart. Yesterday as I was getting ready for work, she got out her bathtub letters and did this:


No help, not one bit. She has known how to spell her first name for about 6 months. I recently taught her how to spell our last name to the tune of "Bingo." Parents, let me tell you, putting lessons to song is the best way to teach your kids. It works with 2 year-olds and my big kids in 2nd grade. Music=learning folks. Thanks to her wonderful school, she's already working on handwriting each day. She knows her abcs, can identify all letters (upper and lowercase) and their sounds. We've been working in basics of spelling like d-o-g lately and she's doing quite well. She knows how to count to 30, can tell you shapes, colors, and knows that you can't get up from your bed until the clock says 6 (thank you to my mother for teaching her that-and getting her the cute pink clock!). Of course, she's a spitfire as well. Let's hope kindergarden can provide her with some sort of a challenge, otherwise I fear we may have trouble...

Speaking of trouble...this girl is getting married! Wahoo for you Kara!!!


Can't believe we've been friends since we were 9 (not quite kindergarden, but pretty close!) We went to a bridal show a few weekends ago (WOW! That was an experience considering I've been married for 9 years now!) From photographers, to cake, to bands, she has a lot of work to do, but I'm THRILLED to be able to be a part of it in September. It is such fun to think about getting all dolled up (although I'm going to have to do so SERIOUS dieting between now and then-no flabby arms in the dress!).


She's also providing this matron of honor with a girls weekend away in a few weeks. We're going DRESS SHOPPING!!!! Mommy gets a weekend away! What will I do with myself? Probably worry the whole time, but perhaps enough champagne will make things better...

I should also mention that my name is Lori and I'm addicted to Pinterest. Let me tell you, late at night, when the hubs is working on lessons or resumes and the kid is sleeping soundly, momma likes her some Pinterest.




Thanks to my cache of craft stuff, I've kept myself busy. Thank you Pinterest for the recipes, ideas, and sucking my time.

You are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment