Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dogwood Arts Festival Weekend


This past weekend Bryan's parents visited from Florida. We wanted to do something different while they were here, so we went to the Dogwood Arts Festival "Chalk Walk" at Market Square. It was GREAT! They had never been to the square before, and we thought Lu would like the chalk walk. Let me tell you, those people do some amazing things with their chalk! This isn't your 1st grade teacher's blackboard...







We were there fairly early, so we can't tell you about who won, but it was a neat morning. We ate at Trio, a great restaurant if you don't know it. We came home and the boys smoked meat (Bryan's DELICIOUS ribs). Susan and I went landscape shopping, and also took Lucy to the "Cupcake Store" as she calls it. Susan had never been to a cupcake shop, but I think she was quite pleased! I think you'd have to be insane to NOT like the cupcake store. When I was pregnant, I was there no less than twice a week.

Anyway, Sunday we went to church and came home for a rousing afternoon of badminton. (Is that how you spell it? I realize I am a teacher, but that's not one I use often :) Bryan and I (well, actually mostly me) ROCKED, and won. Who knew I had such mad skills? No pictures of that, but I swear we are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment