Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm Pooped! (Part 1)


It seems like we've been going non-stop for weeks now. Some lovely person pointed out that last week summer was halfway over. How is that possible?! I suppose all of our summer craziness has really proven that old adage to be true-"Time flies when you're having fun!" I actually can't believe how "stay-at-home mommy" I've been acting lately! Planning crafts and outings and playdates (which is a word that disgusts me, but everyone is using it, so...)-who am I?!?!?

We utilized our zoo passes again. We actually got a shot of Lucy and I that was decent!


We also saw this lovely guy.


We trekked out to Farragut in search of this "Splash Pad" and McFee Park we've heard so much about. This place is our new FAVORITE place to be.




Lucy is totally in love with the water and playground. It could use some more shade, but it really is an awesome place to go on a hot day.

We also had a lot of fun over the July 4th weekend. Lucy helped my mom cook one of my favorite childhood desserts (Strawberry Pretzel Surprise), and of course had to sample.



We went to a community picnic and did a few activities. The first picture below is Bryan whispering to my mother that Lucy will NOT do well on this merry-go-round thingy. The next picture is our child (and her Mumsy) on the ride. Please note Lucy's eyes. Also, please note how OVERLY excited my mother looks. She got a big fat "WE TOLD YOU SO" when it was all said and done.




We also made Lucy go down the world's largest inflatable slide (bet the same factory made our pool!). She went down with Bryan, but wasn't too thrilled about it all. How can my crazy child be so fearful of all these fun things?!?


We had our little picnic after all the crazy "rides" and even ran into my oldest friend and her husband and baby. Aren't they beautiful?


Lucy chilled out in her fireman's hat (backwards of course, as she can wear nothing as it should be). She danced for a bit to the blues band, but it was SOOOOOOO HOT!



The next day, the 4th, we went back to Farragut (if we were richer, we'd just move there) for the parade. Lucy psychotically loved it.


My dad and I took a lot of pictures. A lot, really.



We saw the Mayberry crew.



And one of my all-time favorite students and her family.


Also, we saw this person. Still very unsure of its gender.


Lucy wanted her picture taken with the cows.


And Wendy.


And Snow White.


And the pirate.


It was quite a day.


We hope your family had as much fun as Lucy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment